View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Seek to understand,^Value
Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
Originally Posted by Valorum View Post
So i got this instead.
For the record, here's a picture of "this" because links are ephemeral but pictures are forever:

Originally Posted by Edgy36-39 View Post
What? All I do is buy that and I'm talking hands free through the car's sound system? Sounds a little too good to be true.
My solution is similar to the Jabra above (and I have a DICE Silverline for iPod music - but the DICE is problematic - as we all already know).

I can't say enough good stuff about the bluetooth/FM Motorola Roadster that I bought about a year or so ago for around $100 (must be vastly less by now).
I don't remember exactly which model I have (I can check if anyone needs that information) but what mines does is:
  • It fits on the visor, and isn't even noticeable.
  • The two watts make it very LOUD (you have to turn it down & then it's fine).
  • It works with two phones at the same time (asks you which one to use)
  • It dials people by name & does Siri/S-Voice queries (must have a smart phone)
  • Sends & reads text (basically it handles anything the smart phone 'hears' or 'says')
  • It answers (or ignores) calls by you saying "answer" or "ignore".
  • Charges with micro-USB (doesn't everything nowadays?)
  • Oh, and, yes, it has the FM transmitter (although I never use it)
There's even an app which will log the GPS location on your GPS-enabled smart phone when you get out of range of the thing. I haven't installed that on my Samsung Galaxy SIII yet, but the purpose is to find your car in the mall parking lot.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jabra.png
Views:	601
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	359141   Click image for larger version

Name:	roadster.png
Views:	585
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	359142  
Please read the suggested threads and add value, either by pictures or by descriptions, so the next person stands on your shoulders.
See also: E39 Bestlinks & How to easily find what you need

Last edited by bluebee; 01-24-2013 at 10:58 PM.