View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 11:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330i
While attending CES 2013, we had the opportunity to watch and capture a demonstration of RIMs forthcoming BlackBerry 10 given by Jeff Gadway, Senior Product Marketing Manager at RIM.

Notice that Jeff did the entire demonstration using only his right hand. Makes it easy to deal with your communications and smartphone activity while carrying on other activities (other than driving a car).

All activity is launched via gestures; there is no Home or Start button.

As pointed out BlackBerry 10 has no Messaging application. BlackBerry Hub takes advantage of QNXs robust multi-tasking features to allow email, social networking and calendar activity to run continuously in the background, readily available via a single up and right gesture. This includes dealing with time sensitive information, such as schedules and weather applications.

Its also QNXs multi-tasking and multi-threading support that allows the smooth flow between applications, updates of the home screen and BlackBerry Hub.

As for the soft keyboard, I can only say that I built up a 100-character sentence in fewer than 20 keystrokes.

Most impressive is the ability to easily switch between Work and Personal modes. Work mode has the constraints of employer policy with respect to both applications and security issues but with a single gesture you can switch over to personal mode where you have total control over the applications you want on a smartphone, including Facebook and Twitter.

http://rapidberry.net/blackberry-10-...demonstration/