View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 07:27 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW X6M
Excellent write-up, and sounds like a blast. You noticed the Monte Carlo Blue X5M and the Alpine White X6M parked out front too, eh? That was a nice touch!

You got in the evening I was leaving from my PCD and heading to Asheville. Glad the weather cleared up for you.

The M school sounds like a blast, even though they don't represent my baby (X6M) I'd love to go around that track in any M car, for sure. I don't think the all wheel drive X ///M's are as challenging to drive. One instructor plain said its a whole different animal, and controlling and sliding the M5 takes lots of skill. He said it is such a beast, it's been the most difficult M car to master. I can believe it.

I really enjoy tight and technical tracks, and I remember commenting while I was there that the BMW handling course track reminds me of my favorite track back in California, the Streets of Willow Springs, which I used to ride (motorcycles) very often over a span of years. I wanted to see more of it at PCD but we only did the most basic exercises, which left me hungry for more track time. Sounds like the M school fits that bill perfectly. Will definitely be looking into this.

Btw, reading your review makes me want to get an M3 track car, even though I know that's a bad idea. Wife will probably make me take turns sleeping in the M3 and X6M for a long time if I do that!