View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 09:38 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 330xi
To chime in: You know, I don't think it's quite the fact that "BMW drivers are notorious assholes", it's that PEOPLE are notorious assholes. I can't say I get flipped off on the highway, or anywhere, I tend to do the flipping off myself. I can't stand people that don't use their turn signals, or do that half ass "one signal blip" ****. Yes, thank you for using one, that I barely saw. I'll make sure to fake incredible neck pain when you hit me. Or how people tend to NOT let me merge onto the highway, and instead keep driving 45-50 on the right hand side of the road. Seriously? Get off the highway and take a bus or taxi. Ridiculous.

I think what it boils down to is, one person got cut off by a BMW driver (get over it, it's not the brand, it's the driver), and told their friends about it, and that in turn, forms a cult following of friends who look at other BMW drivers as the "people that are likely to cut you off".

It's a little ridiculous, but it's the reality we live in.

As far as repairs, no issues with my car, and I'm about to hit 142,xxx miles. It might be the fact that the car was ALWAYS taken on long highway drives, but the love I have for the car will keep it going for a long time. I liked the analogy of how someone with a different brand of car would only repair something if it REALLY needed fixing, versus the guy who loves his car and repairs EVERYTHING, even if ti isn't all that important. That's what separates someone who has a true passion, from someone who just gets by. I realize it's a little oddball to compare cars to life, but when you take care of something as inanimate as a car, it just shows you have a passion for something that most others can't relate to. It's really good stuff...

Last edited by BiHoTTo115; 01-25-2013 at 09:40 AM.