View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 12:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 Honda CRV
There is no way the car was going to be totaled. The damage was less than 50 percent of the value of the car. The airbags (other than the driver's side) deployed because I had the back seats folded down and was carrying a bunch of computer equipment in the back. The accident really wasn't that bad, as no one was injured and there was no damage to the engine, etc. The majority of the repairs were cosmetic (replacing the front bumper, headlights, grill, and hood) and putting the airbags back.

I am concerned that the car will "never be the same," but that is a worry for another day, since I don't even have the car back, yet. I really just want to know if these types of delays and an 8 week repair time are common.

BTW, I tried calling two BMW dealerships to get the name of an "authorized" repair shop. I called the dealership I purchased the car from and a dealership near where I had the accident. One would not answer the phone, and the other never called me back after I left a message. I waited as long as I could but finally had to make a decision on my own. The repair shop I selected is a "preferred" shop with my insurance company (State Farm), and my family has always been satisfied with shops with that affiliation in the past. If the body shop is to be believed, the car is currently at a certified mechanic to have the computer reset and error messages cleared.