View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 02:27 PM
Missing German roads

Mein Auto: X1 xDrive35i
Flights are booked. I ended up moving delivery back 5 days though because Nurburgring added the 24 hours of Nurburgring the weekend I was going to be there and is actually closed for over a week, the week I would have picked up the car.

I was also able to add a day and am doing saturday delivery which gives about 1.5 extra days to get all the miles in. I've started a spreadsheet with times between each segment for train and car as well as an estimate of how long we'll be at all locations. Most all days have us ending around 4pm-6pm so if we run late during the day it won't be a problem for the remaining places. No car problems right? Good news though is the 2014 model added BMW Assist if the worst happens. Anyway, here's the simplified schedule.

Thursday
Arrive 7:30am in Hamburg
Miniature Wunderland until 2pm
Train to Hamburg
See friends around 7pm

Friday
Train to Ulm & tour for 3 hours
Train to BMW Welt for factory tour (Tour at @3:30)
Tour Olympiapark

Saturday
Pickup car 9am
BMW Welt Museum
Tour Downtown Munich

Sunday
Deutsches Museum
Drive to Salzburg and see the sites

Monday
Drive to Eagles nest & do tour
Drive to Hoch Imst (Austria) and do Alpine Coaster around noon
Drive to Garmisch-Partenkirchen, depenind on time see it that night or next morning (need to do more research on what all is available to see/do)

Tuesday
Neuschwanstein Castle
Drive to Lucere
Drive to Mulhouse France

Wednesday
Cite du train museum
Drive back into germany

Thursday & Friday
Drive around where father lived, Freiburg germany.

Saturday
Nurburgring

Sunday
See frankfurt sites

Monday
Wash car & drop off
Fly home at noon from Frankfurt

----------

Rottenberg is the only location I couldn't seem to fit to well based on the others wants for Germany, the closest we get is Nurmburg via train so going over isn't possible.

Tuesday has about 9 hours of driving (getting from A-B mainly), most other days have 3-6 hours. Useless info, 30 hours of driving the total distance is avg 46mph.

Last edited by edx1; 01-25-2013 at 02:30 PM.