View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 05:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i
No, the time in labor isn't extreme (still one or two days longer than I would think). It should be noted that even though they determined the repairs started today, they already have one full day in as the damaged parts are removed from the vehicle. The labor time isn't what gets me...the fact that they need to order parts from Europe is the thing I can't understand. How many BMWs are in the USA? No parts are stocked here? I am calling BS on the "new model, hard to get parts" thing since the car is essentially the same as a 2012. After 1.5 years on the NA market, surely there have been many collisions/damages and enough time to arrange logistics to stock the parts domestically...

Also, to clarify, I did not take the car back to the dealer. I took it to their collision center (same dealer, different location). This BMW Certified collision center repairs all brands sold by the dealer family. Good dealer, but not impressed with the body shop. Unknown to me, they don't offer loaner cars either. Only for service, not for body repairs. Interesting to me, since every other body shop I know offers loaners...