Thread: Love my X3
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 07:20 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 x35i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos View Post
I see these points, but I also kinda think that about people who buy the driving shoes, driving gloves, pinky rings, boob jobs, primp up their collars, roll (peg) their jeans, ever listened to Chumbawumba, and even myself for buying a BMW -- when I'm driving my 997.2S, of course (because every Porsche owner knows, people buy BMW because they can't afford Porsche).

Truth is, as I get older, I don't think it matters or differs any from those that feel like "stance" is something that is important and needs to be attained, "murder" out their cars with ridiculous tint, or put $1000s into modding a car that still isn't faster, better handling, (or cheaper after modding) than a GTR -- if "performance" is what these folks are after.

Personally, I couldn't even name all the currently available models of BMW, nor the ones where they build an "M" series. Also, I think BMW encourages this behavior by having all the "M" stuff ("S-line" for Audi) available. So, if 2013BMWX3 wants to add the M badge -- more power to you, hope you enjoy your car to the fullest, and don't get bogged down by "haters".
Nobody said anything about hating. I said it was his car and he could (should) do what he wants. I only pointed out that he might need some thick skin. As far as your P-car, nice. There are, of course, some BMW's that cost more than that one but we could play that game all day.