View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 2012 650i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk632 View Post
You got in the evening I was leaving from my PCD and heading to Asheville. Glad the weather cleared up for you.
I was really worried about the weather as it rained all the way on the drive up. It was the first time in my life I was praying it didn't snow. Sending 560 hp to the rear wheels on an icy track seemed a bit scary. I'm sure it would be fun but probably less educational.

Quote:
The M school sounds like a blast, even though they don't represent my baby (X6M) I'd love to go around that track in any M car, for sure. I don't think the all wheel drive X ///M's are as challenging to drive. One instructor plain said its a whole different animal, and controlling and sliding the M5 takes lots of skill. He said it is such a beast, it's been the most difficult M car to master. I can believe it.
I did find myself wanting to have my car for a few of the exercises to play with an xDrive variant on the track. The curiosity, however, was killed buy the thought of ruining my Dunlops and paying $2000 to replace them for a few minutes on the track.

The drivers' abilities are beyond phenomenal. I was completely in awe every time we got in the cars with them for fast run throughs and the hot lap.

Quote:
I wanted to see more of it at PCD but we only did the most basic exercises, which left me hungry for more track time. Sounds like the M school fits that bill perfectly. Will definitely be looking into this.
The PC/BMW is brilliant when it comes to the art of giving you just a taste to hook you and get you to come back for more. For instance, I had an amazing test drive in an M3, which led to buying a 650xi, doing PCD, taking the 2-day Car Control Course, and ultimately enrolling in the M School... with 2 others who are now in love with BMW. Like I said, brilliant!

Quote:
Btw, reading your review makes me want to get an M3 track car, even though I know that's a bad idea. Wife will probably make me take turns sleeping in the M3 and X6M for a long time if I do that!
Haha. Lay down the seats in the X6 M, and you could probably sleep there relatively comfortably... in the fetal position. Sacrifices must be made lol.

650i xDrive Coupe (2012), Carbon Black/Black/Gray Poplar, M Sport, Full LEDs, 20" 373M Wheels, ARS,
HUD, CWP, Premium Sound, Nappa Dash w/ Contrast Stitching, Ceramic Controls, BMW Apps, PCD
http://www.youtube.com/user/Southern6er22
http://southern6er22.blogspot.com/