Thread: new guy 98 750i
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:38 PM

Mein Auto: 1999 BMW 740iL
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerThomas View Post
I am the proud owner of a new (to me) 1998 BMW 750i M Series. Yes, 750i, not iL. I live in Germany and it is German spec. It only has 91,000 miles and runs/drives great. It has the old phone in it. It is the perfect car to have on the Autobahn! Question - Is there a kit that will replace the old phone with a storage space?
Welcome BimmerThomas from one new member to another! I think it's funny, I just replaced by storage tray in the arm rest of my car with a phone because it looks so right

By the way, those phones aren't cheap....everyone is tossing them away and they are getting more expensive to buy all the time so hang on to yours, it will ALWAYS be worth more than a empty plastic storage tray.

I want to keep my storage tray just in case I ever swap the phone back out. The trays are pretty cheap....seems like I have seen them for $15 or so on Ebay.

Germany is an amazing place to own an E38. You are very fortunate! I actually spent the first few years of my life just down the road from you (OK, maybe just a little bit further than that...a 100 miles or so?) over in a small town called Fleissem near Spangdahlem AFB where my dad was stationed in the early 1960's.