View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:37 PM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve530 View Post
I've attached the list I posted above, supplemented with parts listed as gasket seals and sorted by application.
Wow. Very nice. This is a complete 'kit' for a supplier to create for us, since most of our o-rings are a decade old by now. We could then put the kit on our garage shelf, and, whenever we're taking apart something nearby, we'd have the handy o-ring to replace.

For example, when doing the CCV, we could do the CKP and CPS o-rings, in addition to the lower dipstick tube o-ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve530 View Post
Looks like you got a new HID lamp, too.
You're observant! I sat down to open the box that came in the mail, and as I laid everything out to compare to the invoice, I snapped the photo, so I hadn't thought of mentioning the bulb.
I bought the bulb because my low beam indicated it was out. Funny thing - the moment I pulled the old bulb out, it lit right up in my hands.
So now I have an extra H7 bulb, just in case, to stock along with my o-rings.
Oh well, it will eventually get used (as long as I don't lose it, which I am wont to do).
Hmmmm...
Maybe we can open a separate thread, that references this thread for o-rings, that lists all the "stuff" that we can stock to put on the shelf - that our ten year old bimmers are gonna eventually need.

EDIT: I opened this thread for all "stuff" that we probably should stock in our garage:
- Complete list of E39 stuff (parts, tools, fluids) to stock for handy eventual use

Last edited by bluebee; 01-25-2013 at 09:32 PM.