View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 10:46 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Nothing
Finishing off the front end..

Hey guys, I have replaced my thrust arms and wishbones with OEM arms.. now it seems maybe taking away the play they had put the strain on the steering, although I may be wrong.. I tightened my wishbones pretty tight, but I felt a little clunk a few days later so I checked them and they were loose! Not ready to fall off, but not tight anymore.. I wrenched them down alot more, and figured maybe break-in plus maybe I didn't tighten enough.. anyway, now I am hearing clanking noises here and there, so I check them again and they are fine, nice and tight.. unfortunately work is so hectic I don't even have time to eat, so I haven't had time to figure it out, well tonight I just finished my last client meeting and I go to leave and notice with wheels locked to side to side I get alot of popping noises from under the front end.. I started to think maybe the arms loosened on me again or something but they are still tight.. so I am guessing maybe tierods going.. I did some searching and I found arms, which are new, tierods, struts, and strut mounts as the causes for these sounds.. anyone have any idea what to check first? I will probably replace the tierods tomorrow just to get them new, and I've been wanting to do struts because I am sure they need it but at $500 I have been holding off for a couple weeks.. but will obviously do whatever needs to be done right away.. Thanks!
Ads by Google