View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 02:37 AM
Mein Auto: 1994 320i
Originally Posted by Albo View Post
530i sucks... stay away from it!
Originally Posted by champaign777 View Post
530i are suck peace of junk
Is this sarcasm? Or is anything less than a 540 a terrible car? You aren't being helpful.

EDIT: The disadvantage of using the bimmer app is not seeing sigs.. haha I see now, good to hear.

Originally Posted by Fudman View Post
You have got to be kidding. You think there is any similarity betwee a 1.8l 4 cyl and an I6? The difference is day and night!
This isn't a question of power, more of transition and electronics mechanics. I'm not going to assume that because it's got a big engine and it's BMW that the auto is going to be nicely responsive.

With the 4 cyl, it would take about two seconds of flooring it before it would change from 6th to 2nd/3rd. A 3L I6 is still going to be relatively lame in 5th gear at 60 km/h, unless the low end torque really is that good. Again, this is about the transmission functionality not power.

Originally Posted by edjack View Post
Duh! Why not drive one and decide?
Think I may find it hard to test drive one, though it's probably about time. I don't think anyone would really believe that I would be looking to buy one as I'm only 21 and don't have the cash at this stage. Maybe I can just offer some guy a bit of money for me to have a 15 minute drive. Or just ask I suppose.

Given I'm focused on a 530i sport, is driving a lower end E39 going to be that different re. this issue? If they aren't that different, it'd make testing this heaps easier.

Last edited by andrew320i; 01-26-2013 at 03:27 PM.