Mein Auto: 1994 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albo View Post
530i sucks... stay away from it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by champaign777 View Post
agree
530i are suck peace of junk
Is this sarcasm? Or is anything less than a 540 a terrible car? You aren't being helpful.

EDIT: The disadvantage of using the bimmer app is not seeing sigs.. haha I see now, good to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudman View Post
You have got to be kidding. You think there is any similarity betwee a 1.8l 4 cyl and an I6? The difference is day and night!
This isn't a question of power, more of transition and electronics mechanics. I'm not going to assume that because it's got a big engine and it's BMW that the auto is going to be nicely responsive.

With the 4 cyl, it would take about two seconds of flooring it before it would change from 6th to 2nd/3rd. A 3L I6 is still going to be relatively lame in 5th gear at 60 km/h, unless the low end torque really is that good. Again, this is about the transmission functionality not power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjack View Post
Duh! Why not drive one and decide?
Think I may find it hard to test drive one, though it's probably about time. I don't think anyone would really believe that I would be looking to buy one as I'm only 21 and don't have the cash at this stage. Maybe I can just offer some guy a bit of money for me to have a 15 minute drive. Or just ask I suppose.

Given I'm focused on a 530i sport, is driving a lower end E39 going to be that different re. this issue? If they aren't that different, it'd make testing this heaps easier.

Last edited by andrew320i; 01-26-2013 at 04:27 PM.