View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 09:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2004 760i
Latest update on this situation. Century BMW replaced the high pressure fuel pump on bank 1. Test drove the car after the service. At highway speed stalled several times. Returned to the service bay. Tested high pressure fuel pump on bank 2. Diagnosed as failed. So, $2,228 for the part, $1,200 for the labor, $130 in taxes for an awful cost of $3,558. Insurance covered the cost for HPFP bank 1.

Also, the dealer, Texastruckcenter in Houston, refuses to acknowledge or accept any responsibility for selling a car that was represented as "Serviced, maintenance up-to-date, ready to go anywhere for the next owner". The dealer also refuses to provide any assistance for these repairs. So to date: both front fuel filters, fuel pump with regulator at the tank, HPFP on bank 1, alternator bracket, safety terminal, valve cover gaskets, vacuum pump, return valve, lower radiator hose, thermostat, brake fluid flush service. You do not want to know how much my out-of-pocket has been thus far. Looks like another $3,600 incur next week.

This 760i just turned 86,000 and I have put a whopping 150 miles on the car since it was delivered on November 8. The car has been with in the service bay more than it has been in my garage.

To the previous post that said I should not have to pay for any of this I believe you are correct. The distance between me and a non-responsive dealer has been a real imposition. I have a niece that is an attorney that I will have start looking at my options against this dealer.