Thread: Cooling System
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Account Under Review

Mein Auto: BMW 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco150 View Post
Hello community im having an problem with inpa i flash the new firmware of the trans fine but the engine mod i cant see some kind of error. As i need to see lower hose temp, my car temp is up there 103, 105, 107 etc in dash i install new aga coolant pipe new stat all new coolant hoses new bmw coolant etc (my second water pump make a humming noise come and go non stop but if shut heater off it stop making noise) trying to make this car what it was ex owner did not take care of it did not care for it. Its up too me to bring it back sharp. Thanks for all the help guys
If you have 107 after aga pipe installed, then it's your rear plate cover.... Very common problem. Once you fix all the leaks and restore factory pressure your car will run much nicer even with 105 tstat!
Damn I don't want to drop the tranny but it seems like the only option. 95c Tstat will save our souls;$

Taken from 5 series forum:
@ 93000 miles both valve covers and both upper timing covers
@ 96000 lower oil pan gasket, water pump, radiator and valley pan (coolant leak)

Now at 103000 and the car is "under construction" again:
- upper oil pan gasket
- oil gasket behind the alternator bracket
- coolant leak behind the transmission (end cover 11147504376) ? very painful project
http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...51&hg=11&fg=10

Last edited by SFbay; 01-26-2013 at 09:27 AM.