View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E85 M-Roadster, E82 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1series View Post
Hi All,

I'm having a couple of warning lights come up on the 1M's dash and wanted some help. Sorry for posting here but i thought we all share the same warning lights and this forum would get more hits.

The car is only a year old, mainly garaged and used once a week or so for the odd long journey or a 50 mile round trip.

The first warning light is a battery symbol. Now, the car has a tracker. Could this be draining the battery? especially as it isnt used all that much?

The second symbol is slightly more worrying, its a car on what appears to be a mechanics ramp (see attached pic) ....any ideas? The first thing that came to mind was get it to a dealer!
Just been reading a few other forums and it seems that it could be a bad battery. The car has been sat for 6 months without any use while I was out the country so that could be why. Doh!

Thanks for your help
Your synopsis of a bad battery is likely correct, based on your usage patterns. The "service now" alert is likely connected, misfire or or other codes code have been set due to a low voltage start condition. You may be able to rejuvenate the battery with a good battery tender (such as from CTEC or Bosch). It is best if you can leave the car pligged in to a battery tender when it is not being used.