View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:17 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Bluetooth for audio is not enabled. That is not the problem. It's an Apple thing.. it wants to force override other music output when you get the Accessory Connected interface.
I just tried an iPhone 5 and a 4S in my M3, and not only any audio app audio (outside BMW Apps) from the iPhone plays via USB but if the app has compatible metadata it will show in the iDrive screen (Album Art, album/artist/station).

I think that your issue is your new 4.2 iDrive/Combox setup. Something must have changed in the way the enhanced USB is implemented with the iPod/iPhone that it does not allow any other audio to pipe thru besides the BMW Apps-approved. Or it is simply a bug at the new Combox section.

Which would not surprise me as I found this "feature" buggy because of the same reason above... audio will pass thru but also metadata. But the metadata will pass only once and will stay there regardless of new metadata, app or display at the iPhone. That happens when Pandora is played in a non-BMW apps USB as well.

I would guess that BMW simply eliminated that with the new iDrive USB... with the audio as well.

Last edited by Technic; 01-26-2013 at 11:18 AM.