View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Everything's Bigger in TX

Mein Auto: 2007 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
I had the same car and it came with the same Duellers. They were absolutely sh*t. They leaked, they were impossible to balance and they had zero grip on snow and ice. After that I had three sets of Michelin LTXs on the Pathfinder. Never leaked, lasted +30k miles, perfectly balanced and very good grip on snow and ice. I now have Michelin PSSs on my M3, blows away the Conti's that it was delivered with. Maybe Michelin makes some bad tires but I've never come across any. So for me it's no myth, Michelin rocks.
I bought my Pathfinder on Halloween. We had snow early December. I couldn't even make it up a hill in the lightest dusting of snow without engaging 4WD. On the way home, the snow was maybe 2" and I struggled getting home while locked in 4 Hi. I ordered Pilot Alpin Snow tires from Tire Rack on the way home.

Heaven is where the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, the lovers are Italian and it is all organised by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, the lovers are Swiss, and it is all organised by the Italians