View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 535xi GT
Mike this was one of the messages I also had during my experience recounted (in the thread to which I pointed you yesterday) but forgot to include. You did not provide any of the conditions (weather, driving pattern, vehicle operation etc) leading up to your symptoms so I will assume you have a low charge on your battery.

If you shut off the ignition, several loads are still powered up for 8 minutes until shutting down automatically. These are draining the battery and,in my case, I already had a weak battery (as I described in the other thread that led to its replacement). I am now hitting the Start/Stop button a second time immediately after shutting off the engine to minmize these 'discharge cycles' as they are called (and are recorded by your key fob to rat you out to your Service Advisor when he plugs it in at his desk).

I believe that, like me, all your symptoms are linked to a low battery charge that your driving pattern is not correcting via regenerative braking. If you have a battery charger or can borrow one see if a good, long charge can clear your symptoms. If not, then your battery may be just like mine and a candidate for replacement under warranty.

Once you achieve a fully-charged battery, I would help maintain it that way using a trickle charger (solar and/or electric) if you don't drive enough to keep it fully-charged.

I hope that this helps. Good luck.

Last edited by Fish23; 01-26-2013 at 01:23 PM.