View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '13 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
People buy the brand for a number of reasons, but fixing some nits like this would make it a better experience. Moved from 535i to X5 recently and miss some of the extra storage options I had on the 535i. For example, they tucked an extra (small) storage tray in the dash just left of the steering wheel on the 5 series. It was my favorite spot for sunglasses or the ezpass. Really wish I had that in the X5. I'm not going to drop the brand for a few simple things like this, but it would sure be nice to have some of these features. A better Nav user experience is also up there for me.
I have heard of this 5 series pocket before. Is it something us X5 guys could put on the dash in the same place or somewhere close? I always have my sunglasses slide off onto the floor when merging in cloverleaf highways. Frustrating especially when the iPhone tray is taking up useless room in the center console, I've thought about cutting it out!

I always send the address to my Nav from BMW apps from my phone in the driver's seat rather than using iDrive. Living close to the border of two states I always have to change the state THEN search for the street etc. Way too cumbersome but I did not buy it for the Nav.