View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 09:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
I heavily doubt that BMW is going to add a 9 speed tranny for the X5. Usually the transmission launches concide with the 7. BUT again ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

The lag issue has been prevalent since the X3 6 speed debacle. Anyone else recall the massive thread on the e83 thread about transmission lagg/lurch. Its been going on with their programming for agess, and it still hasnt been addressed properly.

I have a feeling that were gonna be seeing more variety in the X5 lineup. What do i mean?

In keeping with the growing portfolio of BMW and keeping pace with capturing more of the luxury market demographic, BMW is gonna play to their strengths:

Currently we have three different buyers of BMW:

1) Those who simply want BMW the material brand at minimal cost (just want the experience and socio-economic status of owning a BMW) (BMW X5 Base)
2) Those who want the BMW the performance eco brand (BMW diesel)
3) Those who want the BMW the performance brand (BMW X5 50i and M)

This is great but they can certainly add more models in between to get more:

Example:

1) Those who simply want BMW the material brand at minimal cost (just want the experience and social-economic status of owning a BMW) (BMW X5 Base)
1a) Those who want the BMW the performance eco brand at minimal cost (BMW lower output diesel)
2) Those who want the BMW the performance eco brand (BMW diesel)
3) Those who want the BMW the performance brand (BMW X5 50i and M)

With the addition of 1a, they can honestly eliminate the eco credit, and just offer the lower output diesel instead.

Again TOO MANY POSSIBILITIES.

But im expecting different output versions of gas or petrol

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!