View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E60, E71, E92
These angel eye will blow away competition...

I usually don't go buy stuff from eBay since I got burn one too many times. But found this jewel in the haystack:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-BMW-H8-4...932420&vxp=mtr

here comparison pictures to my 2011 E92 OEM angel eyes, hail to be the standrad for AE in terms of brightness, color temp and even look.

No code, and my HD radio reception is fine, no humming, no interference with TPMS.

They use 4 Cree LEDs XB-D to cover 360-degree dispersion, one of the latest from Cree silicon-carbide low cost bright LED. I suspect they use a simple buck-regulator to supply 12v (each LED is 3V and they configure in series) instead of DC-DC converter ala a single super-LED configuration that create problems with interference. The bulb housing is aluminum cast no machine for very low cost, but very well made with rubber gasket to keep moisture out, the XB-D is the lowest temp LED out there, between 55-85 F operating temp so the housing with fins is just fine as heat-sink.

I can't see spending more than these bulbs out there guys, the inside ring is brigther on E60 as usual but that's not the bulb it's the optic.

These are H8 bulbs so you need LCI E60 (2008 and newer) with OEM xenon headlamps.

Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Angel_eye01.jpg
Views:	751
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	359392   Click image for larger version

Name:	Angel_eye02.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	359393  
Ads by Google