View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 02:42 PM

Mein Auto: 1997 528
E39 Front Blowout - Multiple issues with car

Let me know what you guys think. I have a RF bearing out. I was thinking maybe it was serviceable without replacing the entire assembly but I surmise that is not the case.

The issue started with what I thought was brake noise. I had a blowout on my RF wheel last night (heading to the parts store to buy pads). Today I started removing the brakes & rotor which both required servicing, then found the bearing was noisy as well.

It is amazing how many layers of repair you find that need to be done with every little project. From this tear down I can see the need for the following:

1) Need to rebuild the front suspension - shocks and other components (thrust arm, control arm, tierod ends, bushings, etc). Shocks are leaking fluid.
2) Replace brake pads
3) Turn rotors
4) replace front bearing hub assemblies
5) Go back and hopefully get tire replaced for free.
6) Rob bank to pay for repairs (not necessarily in that order).

Do any of you think any of these issues could have resulted in a blow out of a tire that is relatively new (about 6 months and scarcesly 6 k miles on them). The intire inner side wall has come separated from the rest of the tire. I am really struggling to keep up on the maintenance of this car and am getting very frustrated with it.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

I just love this logo...
Ads by Google