View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 95 525iT w/S52, 03 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLE39 View Post
Well if there is not a updated part # I'll buy a new dip stick b/c my idiot self just cut the old one for temp use. I was scared of it getting caught never coming back out and having to remove the tube. So buy a new dipstick and then I'll dremel all the tops of the notices to aid in removal. that's the issue right there.... You have a bunch of gradiation or notches that are 90* angles. Of course when you pull up they get caught. 45'n them will help them slip by the inside edges. F'n Aholes. They should of come up with a new dipstick. Preferably made of cable, and a well thought out tip. but no. for $135 you get a tube that doesn't work with the old stick. genius. Yu wonder why these people lost the war. They need to hire some more mediocore engineers to catch these mondane items.
My brother in law managed a Goodyear service center for many years and has busted my chops many times with the refrain, "The problem with German cars is that they are over engineered, over priced and over here.." Given that he had a group of mechanics that did some of the sloppiest work I have ever seen, I wrote it off as whining from a group that wasn't interested in jobs that were not guaranteed to let them beat the book time and increase profits. With the CCV system on this generation of BMWs, I have agree with him. The engineering concept is good but the way they did it is asinine.