View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 05:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
My son and I went today. It was packed, absolutely packed. We still had a good time though.

I agree about the overall quality of cars. Lots of cheap plastic parts all over the place...Especially disappointing to me were Mercedes, Jaguar, and the Cadillac ATS. I just think all of them are a notch below BMW and Audi in terms of interior material quality. By the way, I was really impressed by Audi. I never really consider Audi because there isn't a dealer close to my house (within reason), but they are really nice. Honestly, I could easily be just as happy in an S4 as a 335.

Getting back to Mercedes and Caddillac...the high end Mercedes are nice, but the C and E definitely represent a drop in quality to me compared to the 3 and the 5 (IMHO). I still love the Cadillac CTS Coupe. I know it's not popular on this forum, but that's still a favorite of mine.

Good thing Infiniti is coming out with a replacement for the G. The last time I was at this car show was 6 years ago, and the G I sat in today is basically identical to the G I sat in back then. Not kidding! And by the way, I didn't like it back then either.

To me the biggest bargain out there is the Dodge Charger SRT8. 470HP, all the bells and whistles, and a base price of only $45,000. Seriously, if you're not familiar with these, then you need to take a closer look...Compared to the Ford Mustang and Chevy Camaro, Dodge did a much better job with the instrumentation and overall quality of materials. Actually, it's not even close. I'd rate the Charger a 1000x higher over the Mustang and Camaro.

The estoril blue 335 looked great, but there was a very long wait to get in it. The silver M6 was really hot looking too.

Our highlight of the day was cheesesteaks at Carmen's in the Reading Terminal.

EDIT: One thing to add. Red stitching all over the place. That must the latest design trend. We're all obviously very aware of the red stitching in the F30 sport line, but there was red stitching in countless cars. VWs, Suburus, Mitsubishis, Mazdas...especially prevalent in the sport models geared more towards driving enthusiasts (e.g, GTI, WRX, BRZ, Lancer EVO..)

Last edited by krash; 01-27-2013 at 07:15 PM.