View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 08:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 Melbourne Red 335i
Thumbs up Priceless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
I have often said that of all of our possessions automobiles are the closest things to being friends or members of the family. For many their cars are an important component of their self image. We tend to chronicle our lives by the cars we owned, family cars when we were kids or cars we coveted as children. When we see a car similar to one that we had in our younger days it is like meeting up with an old friend. When we see a car that strikes our fancy it can be an experience that stays with us for our entire lives. I (and probably most other Boomers) clearly remember the first time I saw a Corvette Sting Ray the first time I saw a Jaguar E-Type.

This is my favorite picture from the Lime Rock Heritage Festival. This is Matthew. Matthew is being treated for bone cancer and he and his family are staying at Ronald McDonald House New York. Matthew was our guest as one of the judges for the Ronald McDonald House Kid's Choice Award which is part of the annual Sunday In The Park car show. There were cars parked all around the 1.5 mile track and about 100 cars that were entered in the Show were line up along the main straight. We were chauffeuring the kids around the track in golf karts with "Official Ronald McDonald House Kid's Choice Award" signs on them (BimmerFester EdCT was the

driver). We told the kids to ask us to stop if they saw something that caught their eye. Matthew was fascinated by "The Black Beast" a 100 year old Alco race car that had competed in the Vanderbilt Cup races which were held on the streets of Long Island. I know the owner of the car as we are both members of the Chowder Club. Howard asked Matthew if he would like to sit in the car and of course he said yes.

What a priceless picture! My Dad passed away a few years ago , he was the one who instilled in my brother and I the love of cars. Especially sports & race cars ! t. Thanks Dad.
June 9,2012 New Order. 2013 335i Sedan, Melbourne Red Metallic Sport Line, Brushed Aluminum, Leather Dakota Black/Red Highlight, 19" Wheels, Premium Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Technology Package, Sport Transmission with Paddles, Htd Front Seats & Harmon Kardon Performance Center Delivery October 9, 2012. BMWCCA Member since April 2006.