View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 09:52 PM
stuart27

Mein Auto: 750li
Yeah I hear you!

The trouble is, life is too short to drive camry's, altima's ...and even challengers to be brutally honest! Not that there is anything wrong with these fine vehicles!

I figure I'm spending a relatively small sum for an exceptional car.....I expect high maintenance bills and repairs, but then I have no brats to waste my money on, so why not?! As long as the cooled seats are working during the Houston summer to keep my ass icy cold......I'll be happy.

I would feel worse if I was the one shelling out 100k on a new 750li and seeing the depreciation over the next 3 years. I'll let someone else do that.

As mentioned in my post, I've owned a few high end cars in my time and have had some kind of trouble with just about all of them. However, I've never broken down or had any kind of major mechanical failure. It's all been cosmetic or minor electrical gremlins. I hope thats because I've chosen well maintained cars and carried on that maintenance during my ownership. Sure the 750 li is a particularly complex car, but these forums tend to polarise opinions and you hear plenty of the bad and less of the good.

Of course, I may end up having to eat my words, but at least I go in with my eyes open.

sbb