Thread: Cooling System
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbay View Post
So... Thinking that you're lucky after 100k miles and 9-10yrs is just not smart, right?
This is where we lose that coolant pressure. Lower tstat will not help here much..... But for future safety -yes. Think about it: if you fix coolant pipe with vp, more pressure will destroy half dead rear cover, this is what happened to me;(
Some nice pics:
That is exactly what I have been saying for weeks now.. My cooling pipe is okay, but I am probably going to buy the AGA pipe and swap it anyway.. what pipe did you use again? As for dropping the trans.. is that a really hard job?

When my car is started from completely cold and I drive it right away it would surge RPM's between a couple hundred RPM's for the first minute or so when it was at a low RPM.. well changing fluid made a big difference, but at 500RPM I can hear the TC, but at 700RPM it goes away.. also I notice my shifts are a little on the soft side.. sometimes can be rock hard, so I know the clutches have to be okay.. do you think I should replace TC while I'm at it? They're like $1,200 or something I think..