Thread: Cooling System
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 12:20 AM
Account Under Review

Mein Auto: BMW 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpcpro View Post
That is exactly what I have been saying for weeks now.. My cooling pipe is okay, but I am probably going to buy the AGA pipe and swap it anyway.. what pipe did you use again? As for dropping the trans.. is that a really hard job?

When my car is started from completely cold and I drive it right away it would surge RPM's between a couple hundred RPM's for the first minute or so when it was at a low RPM.. well changing fluid made a big difference, but at 500RPM I can hear the TC, but at 700RPM it goes away.. also I notice my shifts are a little on the soft side.. sometimes can be rock hard, so I know the clutches have to be okay.. do you think I should replace TC while I'm at it? They're like $1,200 or something I think..
I used URO parts and believe me there is nothing wrong with it, ppl get problems with the plate after the pipe.
URO parts is pretty good pipe and URO has been around for years unlike aga and other blah blah overpriced pipes. 200$ is a good price for 2 pieces if brushed aluminum with orings, but not 500-700$!
Have you done mechatronik adapter yet?? If not then fluid change does nothing almost, replace that gasket adapter and your tranny will be back to life.
And yes valley pan and rear cover are way more important than coolant pipe. After I replaced my vp, I noticed that pressure is much better now, but still not there.
No, there is nothing wrong with your TC, just mechatronik adapter... Check willson DIY and you'll be fine!!! If you wanna perfect shifting back you need new solenoid pack or complete valve body

Last edited by SFbay; 01-28-2013 at 01:03 AM.