View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 02:33 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 1994 325IC
Hogie,

The hydroloc theory, to me it is right. Look at the exhaust cycle. If Seafoam being entered when one of exhaust valve opens, then the Seafoam will be pushed out since during the exhaust cycle, the piston is moving up and the valve opens all the time. Only during other cycles, which is the exhaust valve being closed, but not complete seal, Seafoam can get through and stay in the cylinders to be compressed when all vavles are closed. That's why he said we should limit the amount of Seafoam, roughly 1 oz at a time for each treatment. He also said the 6 or 8 cylinders engines rest on about 15 degrees to the left or right so when the all exhaust valves were closed (Seafoam unable to get through quickly like an opened exhaust valve cycle), the Seafoam will penetrate on the top of them and gradually drift down to the sides of the exhaust ports.

In soaking, I had been tried one can without soaking, it would not work until I started to soak overnight or 2 days then drove at third gear for 10 minutes up to 5,000 RPM on the highway, and finally I unclogged the blockages. I didn't know for sure whether I did use up to 2 cans or just soaked and drove hardly that contributes to unclog passage.

In spraying, the amount of Seafoam you put in the passage won't be enough to dissolve the carbon built up. Remember carbon built up in the passage head is tough like a coal because the tremendous heat makes it hard. To break it, we have to be patient and repeat the process until it fixes. Some of members here used Seafoam to pour in the tube, reconnect the tube, started engine for couple minutes then rested it for 20 minutes, and ran on highway; they didn't soak it overnight. They have reported that they unclogged it after using up to 2 cans of Seafoam.

Good luck.

Last edited by Ricardo567; 01-28-2013 at 02:47 AM.