View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 x35i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by karimsha View Post
No it is not of course... I was cruising on a high way at 130 km/h when the RPM needle dropped to ZERO, while the engine sound was humming and I was acceleratiing and teh car responded and the RPM was not moving ..

My car engineis petrol not Disel.. the Dealer said that they will reprogram the car since it did not record any errors regarding the RPM.. I was supposed to pick it up yesterday night, however, they said that they will have to put it on the system for 7 hours with an open line with BMW Germany !! I really dont get what does this mean but it seems to be a husstle..

Moreover, I have a TOK sound when pressing the breaks when moving fornt and rear ... they as well couldn't find the reason for this..

I have filed a complaint to the customer service and copied BMW Germany explaining all the issues . I hope it is of a benifit
I don't know how the gauge attaches to get a signal but I can imagine some ribbon cable and, if I had to guess, I would say either a loose connection or bad wire in that cable. In any case, it could be a fairly simple fix if they can locate the fault.