View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 05:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Seriously? The EPS in my M3 I've found to be superior to the HK sound system in the 3. I've messed with the settings in every which way possible, too.
Yup. Remember the F30 HK system is quite a bit different/better than what's in the E9x cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Your impression is quite accurate: the F30 HK is about as close as you can get to the Individual Audio in the M3 spec-wise... even the woofers are the same 7ohms instead of the HK 4ohms in the past. Power is slightly less (600 vs 825W), so that explains why the bass is not as tight -but even the IA was not known for tight bass anyways.

The HK could be upgraded for about $1100 in parts and coding (it has to be coded back to HiFi, otherwise there is an extra $700 expense just to replace the OEM amp), because those 7ohms underseat woofers must be replaced.
Believe it or not, I can tell the loss of amplifier power in the F30 HK, vs the EPS in M3. The midbass loses control lower in the volume range, and everything else starts falling apart at higher levels.

I'd be more interested in improving the amp, vs. "more bass". The mids have a fairly neutral quality to them.

Is there another thread we should be discussing this on??