Thread: Good 335i tune?
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:03 PM
Doing the best I can

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Coupe
There is nothing misleading about it. They make their claims quite clear. To take off on a similar thought of yours, if a purchaser doesn't understand the difference, he shouldn't be buying it.

And I know, you are just going to dismiss me as someone who has drunk the Dinan Kool-Aid, but I just felt more comfortable with the Dinan reputation and warranty. And I am not looking to get into a debate about it, but I have observed your constant criticism of Dinan. My observation is that most people, not saying you, buy JB4 or Cobb because they believe the need to be undetectable is an important feature. I believe it is wrong for JB4 and Cobb to advertise that it is undetectable and encourage it be removed and the codes cleared before you take it to the dealer with blown turbos or whatever. I just happen to believe that if you want to play the mod game you should accept the consequences of your actions and not try and hide it. Those who do cost every BMW owner money in increased warranty costs. Dinan is upfront and installed at BMW dealerships for the most part. That's just my .02 cents.

Last edited by LarkHouston; 01-28-2013 at 03:17 PM.