View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A car
Two cool programs for windows....

I bought a windows ultrabook yesterday - and so begins the tedious work of installing all my tools - or so I thought... then I found this REALLY neat site that was recommended by a colleague:

http://www.ninite.com

It allows you to check your commonly used application from a list (if they are on the site) - download a TINY installer - and run it to batch install the application in a single installer... best of all - you can use it to run UPDATES of your installed applications... so you can make multiple installers - keep them handy and run them to update Java, flash etc - without having to run the application update services - so after I've installed all these programs, I can delete the startup items that each puts in place to check if they are up to date... woohooo!! NICE!!

Next... through this site - I found another MUST-HAVE for windows 8 - Classic Start - a simple startmenu for Windows 8 - yes, I know there are a ton of these but I was looking for a quick/easy one - and this one being in ninite.com made it the one I choose to have on my machine.

Anyway - thought I'd share... enjoy...

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!
Advertisement