View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:26 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2011 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6pwr View Post
The rpm's definitely increase from about 750 to about 1100 during the level measurement. The Owner's Manual for the 2012 5er only covers 520 and 528 (duh) for measuring specific level (detailed measurement as they put it), but the manual notes that during detailed measurement, the idle speed is increased somewhat. I think the same message re increased idle speed is given in the iDrive during the measure-oil-level selection process.
I have a 2011 535i. I will try it at idle tomorrow. I typically check the level while driving on a level road at a constant speed. Once warmed up, as soon as I select the oil level screen, the green line is already appearing, there is no delay or message that the idle will speed up. If I try and check the oil level before the engine is sufficiently warm, the only message I see is "measuring oil level".

2014 535i Individual | Azurite Black/Amaro Brown Merino | Premium | Cold | PDC | Rear Camera | Anthracite Hdr
Prior: 2011 535i AT | Black Sapphire/Cinnamon | Premium | Heated Sts | Nav | Sirius | Anthracite Hdr & Trim
Prior: 2008 335i 6MT Sedan | Black Sapphire/Terra Leather | Premium | Cold | CA | OEM Alarm
Prior: 2005 330i 6MT | Black Sapphire/Sand Leather | Premium | Cold | UGO | OEM Alarm