View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:00 PM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22 View Post
Nope (soft-close feature aside). The trunk tends to be utilized when my hands are otherwise occupied. I'd be more okay with it if the trunk had a stop that once overpowered allowed the trunk to fall freely - children's fingers be damned. It's the fact that you have to reach up into the hand holes and pull down forcefully with just the right motion - unless you push down on the lid with your hands, but the person that put their hands on the paint like that would find themselves stranded at the present location lol. Also, I've accidentally pulled the light out when using the left pull, and you also have to be careful if you are using your watch hand. They could charge $3k for that button, and I'd be the idiot willing to pay for it
While I was shopping around I fitted my bicycle in a 6er and didn't have any issues opening or closing the trunk. I find I open and close the trunk much faster when I do it myself. I also have no issues touching the paint, but finger prints aren't that obvious on Alpine White.

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)