Thread: Vandalism WTF
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 01:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 X3 OSi 3.0 AT
I feel your pain. Within a month of moving across country approximately ten years ago, someone broke into our car and tried to steal the radio, smashing the window in the process. We had a very basic car at the time and $500 deductible for this type of incident. The quotes I received were over our deductible, but I didnít want to pay that much for something someone else did. However, I looked online at used/junkyard parts and found a window for under $60 shipped (looked good as new) and I knew how to reassemble the radio. The net loss was $60 and a few hours to put it back together.

It happened again three weeks later, except this time the person was not interested in stealing anything, they were just walking down the street smashing windows one by one. A different window was broken the second time, but the results were the same. It was much cheaper to replace with second hand parts, and I had a source for glass.

I am not endorsing this site, but it is the first one I came across when I tried to search for you. I used 2007 for the year and one of their suppliers has the window for $97.00 including shipping.
Link: http://www.autopartsfair.com/bmw-use...nt_window.html

I donít recall the site I used, but it was similar to the one above. There might be others out there, but this might give you a different strategy to fix the problem.