View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 02:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 01 530ia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLE39 View Post
Uh oh. Port Charlotte Feller. That's funny.... where I grew up.
Small world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleiades View Post
O-rings. The straight(er) one also has a bolt to fasten it to the block.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...38&hg=11&fg=35

(That's for a 528i M52TU engine but probably identical to yours in this area. You can back up and enter your VIN or car details to get specifics. The section is engine cooling, under engine.)

Regardless of what the AutoSport man says, these pipes are aging plastic. One may be leaking now but if it decides to open up, it will release coolant very quickly and your engine could overheat before you realize it. Sorry to shake your faith, but these i6 engines will blow a head very quickly if you let them overheat.

If you have another car, you should consider driving that one until this one is fixed. That's my 2 cents.
Unfortunately, I'll have to keep my fingers crossed.
Tan interior w/black dash,black parcel shelf, black front seat backs, black speaker covers, black floor mats, black door card tops, black Euro armrest, black door pockets, black M5 footrest | Bilstein sports | H&R sport springs | M5 rear sway bar | DDM 6000K Fogs | M5 rear lip spoiler | Ipod DICE kit | AFE Pro Dry air intake | 18" Beyern Mesh wheels | Umnitza FX-R headlights 55W w/Orion V2 Halos | Black grill & Shadowline Window Trim | Silver gauge rings | rear cup holder delete | 191K miles