View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:02 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E60, E71, E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceans10 View Post
Same exact engine in the 535, but it does weigh a little more. This will slow down launches compared to the 1 and 3 series.
What's nice about the twin scroll single turbo is that power keeps building right up to redline, similar to an M5 but more powerful. It sounds like a friggin jet engine taking off. There are clips on Youtube.

RB turbos are cheaper and based on the stock assemblies. You trade in your existing and they send you the larger ones. They add about 100 hp. Fully modded with tune, downpipes, FMIC, meth etc, that's how you see 500 hp to the wheels. Add around 20% to get BHP at the crank. Cost is $3,200 plus another grand for installation.
I heard the single is more expensive but haven't seen numbers. I have plenty power for my needs.
yep, even with Cobb it's plenty of power considering all counties/cities use traffic infactions as source of income, now. Can you spell SPEED-TRAP

when I mingled with Audi bunch, a few people ran T28 big single turbo on 1.8T, that thing lag quite a bit but once spooling watch out. Porsche always goes with two, one small one bigger turbos, I heard the new M3 may use one twin scroll (ala the one in N55) then one bigger one for a total of 3-turbines (2 shells). but no one knows what the exact configuration until probably release date. For daily you want to compromise lag vs top-speed, for track who cares when you most likely keep the turbos spooling above 3000-rpm anyway.

Last edited by HPIA4v2; 01-29-2013 at 08:03 AM.