View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 06:48 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
I hit a pothole and bent a rim and bubbled a tire in the 335 a few years ago. At the time I had tire insurance through Auto Club. They paid for the replacement of the tire and the rim. A year or so later I had a cut in the sidewall of a tire and they paid for that too. When the policy ran out they would not renew it saying that they would no longer insure BMW products. Can't say as I blamed them.

Last year the 335i failed NYS inspection because three if the tires had cuts in the sidewalls. I was planning on replacing them anyway so I wasn't that upset. BMW would only sell me RFTs and would not accept delivery from Tire Rack if I purchased them myself. I purchased 4 new rims (three were bent) and a set of Conti DWS tires and had them installed at Autobahn Service on Park Avenue and had the old rims resurfaced. At some point in the process the rear quarter panel got dented. While the car was in for service last week at BMW Manhattan I had the dent removed using paintless dent removal. They did a perfect job and the dent is gone and I am out $500.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians

Last edited by captainaudio; 01-29-2013 at 06:58 PM.