View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 535d M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean86 View Post
Did you order your car to your specification ?? I have a cousin in sydney who told me that BMW don't allow ordering the car to your specification ? Its more that you pick up from the cars on the lot or dealer trades ?
No way...I knew what I wanted & also knew that they wouldn't have it on any BMW showroom floor anywhere in OZ so I ordered it to my spec...I even changed the spec 5-6 times after I signed the original deal; you can do that right up till just before they actually build it.

Naturally a BMW dealer will try to sell you firstly something that's on their floor & secondly something on the floor (or on a ship on its way to OZ) somewhere else in OZ but you just have to hold your line & say "No...this is what I want". I even had one dealer say to me that he had a slot in their October build for a 5 series & that he could amend it to my spec if I took their deal then & there. I would have had my car 2 months ago if I did that but it would also have cost me something like AUD20,000 more if I had agreed & I knew there were better deals if I was prepared to wait a bit & bargain ruthlessly.

Last edited by bmwombat; 01-29-2013 at 08:16 PM.