Thread: K&N Air Filters
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 07:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 535xi,328xiC
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6pwr View Post
Dinan only warrants consequent failures caused by the Dinan performance remap (let the arguments begin). The Dinan warranty mirrors the BMW as far as time/miles: 4yrs, 50k mi. I'm not familiar with other aftermarket tuners, but do any of them warrant consequent failures caused by their mods?
Not that I know of. The price difference would give an indication of the value proposition of a warranty. I've always a assumed that if it is a serious or catastrophic claim, a number of issues come up that could even invalidate DINANS warranty, or BMW's for that matter. Racing comes to mind. Also does a BMW failure, cause a bigger problem because the car is tuned and that has increased the stress on some components. For instance, you are driving your tuned car with an additional 100 hp over stock. The water pump fails and then...who knows what else goes. I'm sure they get sorted out, but there has to be some disputes. Can't be that easy.