Old 01-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB View Post
but it also seems as though someone scratched your paint precisely lol
huh explain please!

Carbon wrap is on hold
It is so frigin time consuming to remove the trim, which since 2011 everything has to be removed from behind the door panels and under console and even glove box. only 2 pieces are clips...yikes
bmw wanted 14 hours of labor just to remove and i cant get an independent shop to touch it...not even Don Nguyen
people know how expensive it is to replace if they crack it
Damn Germans! making it tough for me to get some carbon love...lol
If you ever have parked in a city, you`ll notice the lines of cars with black lines around the bumper. These lines are a result of people scratching the bumper, and the base coat being revealed. If you paint them black, from a distance, at least to me, it will seem as though someone deeply scratched your paint, where the reflectors are. However your plan is to use a gloss finish. It should take that scratched look away, so its not an eyesore. So IMO either gloss black or space grey looks good.

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!