Thread: Rear wiper
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by the kidd View Post
Nol4, you know it's not about the money. It's about the little things that come with purchasing a luxury vehicle. Those little perks (included maintenance w purchase price) are having to be fought for more and more lately. Maybe just a sign of the times. Last I checked, the economy was on the upswing.
I get the idea, that when one invests into a luxury car, they expect a certain level of treatment. To me, that is an example of an unattainable utopia. At the end of the day, a dealership, no matter what product they have parked in their showroom is a business. They`re sole aim is to earn a profit, at any cost. That`s why I prefer as little to no interactions with dealerships, since I expect stupidity and greed to run rampant at a dealership may it be the CA, SA, F&I, GM, or person who parks new or service inventory.

Hence Im part of the minority who like the idea of no maintenance plan, just give me the premium that BMW charges in the MSRP, and I can invest it into buying an E-warranty, and doing my own preventative maintenance (no 15k oil changes or lifetime fluids for me). The reason also behind this train of thought is that, the TOS of the Free maintenance change from day to day, dealer to dealer. If the TOS was standardized, and hassle-free I would love the maintenance plan bit. But in reality, every day I read about a person who needs to prove to the SA, with documents or SBs from BMWNA, that their vehicle is entitled for an oil change, or a free wiper (those two are strong points, every time I see a BMWNA advertisement about $0 maintenance plan).

END RANT

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!