Well, it turned out to be more involved than resets. The lack of oil cap was potentially contributing. The combination of the oil separator/PVC system not being updated, many short (less than 3 miles) trips and a morning temp in the low single digits caused a hydro-lock condition.
About a month ago I noticed some gunk around the oil cap and on the dipstick. I learned about the update (SI B 11 08 03) to address this. I didn't search any farther - to my detriment.
First estimate was $1,300.00 (install update, change spark plugs and oil, and some clean out something or other). This was done and it ran rough. Further investigation revealed - get this - a hole in the intake manifold. Never heard of such a thing. Not sure of the additional cost.
I would like some feedback on this one.