View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcy View Post
Where did you buy brand new alternator for $283 incl shipping?
Lowest price I found for 180 Amp VALEO alternator for my '06 530i is around $475.
I admit I am ferret-like when searching for part prices on the web. I usually start by searching the BMW PN. But as I receive equivalent manufacturer's PNs I start searching them as well until I develop a picture of pricing.

THESE PRICES ARE FOR BRAND NEW UNITS WITH SHIPPING INCLUDED.

Here is the source I purchased from: "car parts warehouse dot com" (all one word - for some reason this forum doesn't like this website and blocked all attempts to insert an actual link to the URL or even spell out the home page.

The brand new Valeo alternator for my 545i was $283 delivered. Although it is shown at $301, I had a reference elsewhere on the web from the same company at $283 on sale, so when I ordered by phone they said sure, if you have seen an ad for $283 we will match that (I also wanted to confirm it was brand new and came with the pulley attached). Phone sales person then rushed me off the phone saying their warehouse was closing in 15 minutes and he wanted to get the order to the warehouse so it could ship that day. It did ship that day. Great service!

Their price for a new Bosch unit for a 155 Amp Bosch unit of a 530i is $269.