View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 01:07 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW, Lotus, Porsche
Are the wheels you have on the X the original wheels? Your indy mention that he needs to check the hub centric rings. Hub centric rings are only used on rims in which the hub is not the same size as the hub that is on the car. I had a set of E39 wheels when I had an E34. The hubs on the E39 are bigger then the hubs on an E34 so in order to use the wheels, I had to get a set of hub centric rings.

Hub centric rings comes in two type of material, plastic or aluminum. I brought the aluminum rings. If someone wasn't familiar with the wheels that you have on the car, the hub centric rings may have come off and they didn't notice it. There will be just enough eccentricity from mounting a rim with a larger hub on the X that could be the cause of your vibration. I know you are running with staggers but you didn't mention any thing about hub centric rings. Tire racks sells hub centric rings.

You mention in your first post that this problem occurred after the dealer replace the CV boots. In order to work on the cv boots they had to remove the wheels. Could have been that when they took the wheels off the car and placed it on the floor the hub centric rings) came off, and when they replace the wheels they didn't notice the hub rings wasn't on the wheel.

What type of rims are you running? BMW or after market?

Last edited by upallnight; 01-30-2013 at 02:54 PM.