Thread: New F01 Owner
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 01:55 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by itschase View Post
Congrats on the new purchase!

You'll want to start hanging out in this forum as well: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175

Since you're familiar with INPA, you should get to know e-sys (NCSExpert for F series chassis only a lot easier to use). There is a file running around and a version of INPA that will work for the F01 chassis, but your K+DCAN cable probably won't work since these cars interface with an IP address. You'll need to buy or make an OBDII to ethernet cable (info in the link above) to properly interface with your car. I would suggest looking around for copies of ISTA/D as a proper diagnostics tool. I have a copy that I bought, but I understand there are free VMware versions floating around. You'll be excited how much you can code to you car with e-sys, I do free coding here in LA and people always ask for DVD in Motion, fold in mirrors with key fob, delete legal disclaimer screen and a lot more.

As far as angel eyes go, you're in H8 territory now, which doesn't necessarily make things better. You of course have the LED options, and as I am sure you experienced with your E65 - they aren't very noticeable during daylight hours. Try to resist the temptation to put HID bulbs in there - your headlights will be ruined as the rings will turn permanently yellow.

Other than that - I do not know about brake pads, but I would assume something is on the market since this car has been around for a few years now.

Enjoy and I'm looking forward to the pics!
Thanks for the tips. Am I safe to use the Mtec style Led lights for the angel eyes? I hate the beige color of the factory angel eye bulbs.

How are people updating the navigation maps? Do you have to download files to a flash drive and then load via USB drive? If so, where can you get the 2012-2013 files? Will dealer update this under warranty?

I will definitely check out the programming forum. Thanks for the link!