View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 03:12 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 650I
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3racer08 View Post
Thanks for the info. No "fire sale" here just got my eyes on something else and time to move this car. I've sold dozens of cars threw forums and ebay over the years.

I been out of town for the last two weeks and only had the car listed on the forums for maybe about a month or so. I was holding back with the ebay auction because i thought i would give someone of the forums a great deal but i guess thats not the case here. I've received several offers and three people came to check it out all of which love the car but it all comes down to who can provide the capital as you said. As for the details i've listed, thats how i sell cars. Im 100% upfront with people when it come to selling autos because i would never want anyone to say "i never said", i list it all for the public to see and leave nothing unsaid.

I know what I'm selling and the value and i'm not dieing to sell the vehicle just that i would really like to move it and get into a 997 911 for some track day fun, i still have my E46 M3 race car but really want the 911 already. I know this is not the car for everyone especially with the manual transmission (if it was auto several interested parties would have been purchased) but the right buyer will come a long and will be totally happy with the car, price and the extended warranty. I was offered $22K but will not go a dollar below $23k at best because i seen people selling similar for thousands more with much, much more milage.
I feel what you are saying on being up front about what you are selling. I'm the same way. Keep at it, the right buyer will come. Only suggestion would be to drop the ratings for interior and exterior. You have photos up. They can see the condition of the car and some buyers may look negatively on you if they don't think your ratings stack up to what they see in the photos. I've been selling my 6 for a few months and its tough to find the right buyer. Sadly, alot of buyers don't realize the subtle nuances of a well maintained car and are looking to lowball. With 6ers you will find, now more then ever, alot of potential buyers who want the cheap option because they are buying way out of their means. They usually gravitate towards the ridiculously underpriced 6er which will no doubt give them issues with ownership.