Thread: I Test Drove M5
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 02:40 PM
0-60 in 4 secs or less!

Mein Auto: '13 X5M, 650xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark K View Post
You cannot really pass on most two-lane roads because only 1 km or more of a straight counts as "safe" for passing in this country and you better believe that you will enrage people if you pass them on a full line. Even when you pass on dotted line, you better be very careful how you do it because people might perceive your move as threatening, aggressive, driving too fast, unsafe, encroaching their space on the road or simply just generally making them uncomfortable. And they don't like that. What they DO like, though, is making their problems somebody else's problem - in this case their problem is not having a slightest clue how to drive, but they will make it yours if they can.
Today, during a decent rain on a two lane road the car in front of me who barely maintained the speed limit at times, but kept slowing down to 15-20mph below the speed limit as he crested each hill. On a dotted line passing section I passed him. This of course made him mad. Now there was no speed he was unwilling to travel and he followed me as best as he could. After a few miles, I encountered some slower traffic and no passing lane, so this guy decided to use the shoulder to pass me and the cars in front of me to be back where he belonged; up front holding up all of the traffic back.

Times like this is when I enjoy have 555hp and xDrive. Buh-bye

2013 X5M ........ 2013 650xi ...... 2011 550xi (ret) 2011 335d (ret)